One weekend in the middle of another long and time-consuming project, I had this sudden urge to make hexagons. I had this pattern in my head using 2.5″ strips and 4.5″ strips that I wanted to try right away. I went through my stash and picked out several pink or almost-pink fabric that worked well together. After auditioning many backgrounds – white, off-white, a light grey, medium grey and black – I decided the medium grey worked best with the bright pinks. I cut up 2.5″ strips from most of the pinks and 4.5″ from the grey and some of the pink fabric. The top went together really fast.
This is only the second real quilt on my new mid-arm quilting machine. My control has gotten so much better. I quilted figure-8s of varying sizes in the grey areas. For most of the hexagons, I quilted loops along the outer channel and a point-to-point curved lines in the inner hexagon. As I got bored with that design, I tried some swirls, some meandering lines or a daisy fill. This still is not quite finished – needs a label and binding. I will come back and add a final pic whenever that’s done!
First time linking up: Finish it up Friday and