2018 was a definite winner on my quilting and quilt-blogging journey. It was the first year I had at least 5 blog posts to write this post on the 5 best blog posts/finishes of the year! 2018 is also the year I met some great quilters and quilt bloggers. I can say I even have personal friendships with few of them. It’s amazing how you feel a close kinship with some people after just a few blog comments, a few personal emails and a few phone conversations. 2018 was a turning point in my quilt “career” and there’s no going back! Linking Cheryl’s Best of 2018 Linky Party.
- Spiral Nova quilt and tutorial was a super hit. I entered it in the Spring Tips and Techniques festival in June hosted by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs and Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl, and it was voted first place in the block/quilt tutorials category. I know at least one person that used the tutorial and made her own spiral nova!
2. Magic Triangles was a December 2017 finish but I’m going to include that in my 2018 list! I got some very interesting comments for this quilt that generated nice discussions with my non-quilting friends on op-art, math, 3D and other geeky stuff 🙂
3. Justice Everywhere was my entry to the QuiltCon two color challenge. It was not accepted but it is to date my “best” quilt in many ways – most of all because of what it means to me.
4. Serendipity was another favorite. I love everything about it!
5. Upcycle was made using my husband Srini’s shirts. Not the most glamorous quilt but it is cozy and comfy and perfect for spring/summer/fall nights when he is away from home 🙂